Heavens to Murgatroid!
exit stage left, even.
At least that's what my wife would like to do when she found out... (cue music) she's pregnant! Apparently that whole birds and bees thing really works. Figures of all the things we learned in school this had to be the one that crops up in real life. Yeah, still haven't needed to know how to figure out when two trains will meet if one left San Juan at 5:34am and the other left Pascagoula at 7:18am and one is serving bagels while the other has french toast.
Now is the time of freaking out and pondering how to fit the kid in the condo with us. More close to home, where my poor computer here will go once this second bedroom becomes the nursery. Lovely bride seems to think that the sounds of violent games will have an adverse affect on the babes psyche! Either that or the sounds of the father swearing at the intarweb. I may be relegated to the walk-in closet (cue coming-out-of-the-closet jokes) to eviscerate the badguys in the company of the water heater.
So yeah. Kid's on the way. Sometime in late July. If this is the first you're hearing about it then I apologize for the non-personal messaging of it to you, assuming I know you, and since only about three people read this thing and I've told two of them, BSR I'm sorry I've not called lately. I r teh suck.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, did I mention this is freaking us out? Who said I could be a dad? Granted, all closet jokes and pining over losing computer space aside, it'll be pretty darn cool to have a kid methinks. To hold it, and squeeze it, and love it to pieces! (Note to self, find out sex of baby ASAP) The responsibility of it all though, that's daunting. Lots of folks would say, "What kind of person would even want to bring a child into this world?" which is a pretty darn good question. Pondering on it I reckon my reply would be, "Me. (and Lovely Bride of course) And hopefully if I fail at making this bit of the world ok to bring the child into then maybe the child will be the one that does one better than me." Arrogant thoughts? Meh. Our parents sacrificed a lot (least mine did) so it's time for me to step up to the plate. Guess a PC in the closet doesn't sound so horrible after all.
-Fin
At least that's what my wife would like to do when she found out... (cue music) she's pregnant! Apparently that whole birds and bees thing really works. Figures of all the things we learned in school this had to be the one that crops up in real life. Yeah, still haven't needed to know how to figure out when two trains will meet if one left San Juan at 5:34am and the other left Pascagoula at 7:18am and one is serving bagels while the other has french toast.
Now is the time of freaking out and pondering how to fit the kid in the condo with us. More close to home, where my poor computer here will go once this second bedroom becomes the nursery. Lovely bride seems to think that the sounds of violent games will have an adverse affect on the babes psyche! Either that or the sounds of the father swearing at the intarweb. I may be relegated to the walk-in closet (cue coming-out-of-the-closet jokes) to eviscerate the badguys in the company of the water heater.
So yeah. Kid's on the way. Sometime in late July. If this is the first you're hearing about it then I apologize for the non-personal messaging of it to you, assuming I know you, and since only about three people read this thing and I've told two of them, BSR I'm sorry I've not called lately. I r teh suck.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, did I mention this is freaking us out? Who said I could be a dad? Granted, all closet jokes and pining over losing computer space aside, it'll be pretty darn cool to have a kid methinks. To hold it, and squeeze it, and love it to pieces! (Note to self, find out sex of baby ASAP) The responsibility of it all though, that's daunting. Lots of folks would say, "What kind of person would even want to bring a child into this world?" which is a pretty darn good question. Pondering on it I reckon my reply would be, "Me. (and Lovely Bride of course) And hopefully if I fail at making this bit of the world ok to bring the child into then maybe the child will be the one that does one better than me." Arrogant thoughts? Meh. Our parents sacrificed a lot (least mine did) so it's time for me to step up to the plate. Guess a PC in the closet doesn't sound so horrible after all.
-Fin

7 Comments:
SUMNABICH! I typed this witty response and went to log in to post and since I switched to Beta it erased it when I clicked on the button! CURSE YOU BETA!!!!!!
Anyway, may I be allowed to say HO-LEE SCHNIEKIES son! Congratulatinos are in order. I always knew you were potent. And I always knew you had it in ya (and apparently in her too. HAH! LOLLMAOROFLMAOLUXORNEXUS!) We must get together for rum and cigars, and that right soon (since in about 6 months you will be on house arrest until about 2024).
Quick question: Did she say that she liked the Sprite in her? I would say that was an inside joke, but I am trying to avoid the pun.
SNIP!
yes, reckon tis true re: potency (all without ever answering a single email offer for help!) and don't you think she doesn't blame me for it every chance she gets as it's reduced aforementioned Sprite in her (along with added in morning/afternoon/evening sickness and other happenin things)
mmm...rum...
i have to type in junk to comment on my own blog? wtf-m8? and it says 'imawul'? what's a 'wul'? gah.
Alright boys, behave yourselves. There are ladies reading this blog.
Congrats to the reluctant mum and dad!! Folks keep telling us that our lives will change when Peanut comes home and that we wouldn't change back for the world. So...consider yourself warned!
Seriously, congrats on the upcoming arrival of your little legume! I don't know how you'll do as a father, but you weren't a bad brother in retrospect--aside from those moments of dragging me around by my heels and beating me, but that's to be expected.
Buckaroo
grr on the double posts--if it posts at all. Why does upgrade always translate as new brokenness?!!!
ah, upgrades! i meant to reject the double posts and accidentally rejected the posts of the lovely wife and buckaroo.
wait, that wasn't due to the upgrades, i r just dum.
U R one terrific dad already. I'm so proud of you that I could explode with joy. Your post tells me our son is more than OK. He has a wisdom-from-above head, a Godly heart, a protective, creative (you will need that to eek out a computer "room"!!) and adventurous spirit. And there is still enough kid in you to get down on the floor and play with your son. I'm going to enjoy watching your family grow and blossom. Thank You, Father, for your everlasting love, and all your blessings and GIFTS! (Children are a gift from God, you know!) Your sappy Mom
thanks Mom, you rock like no one's business :D
Post a Comment
<< Home