Dirty Republicans!
At my job I have the opportunity to speak with all kinds of folks. Most of the time they're just unhappy, sometimes they're unhappy *and* amusing all at once. Today was one of those days :) Today included a forty minute call with a lady who was having issues with her service, specifically packet loss and latency. I can empathize with her because while I am not running a non-profit site from my house (that may be against the terms of service) I do tend to do a lot of things online at home like play games where solid connection is very important. I too lately have had issues with packet loss and latency at night. I didn't mention my own troubles though, maybe if I did she wouldn't have accused me of being a Republican because apparently it's the Republicans who love the corporations and hate the little people and that's why no one was fixing her service. Ignore the fact that we've rewired her house (for free) and sent out a slew of techs (for free) trying to find and resolve her issue and are working on area wide upgrades that unfortunately don't include her area yet. She wants me to tell her exactly what is being repaired in her neighborhood despite the fact that the network setup is proprietary and if/when she goes to the competition they aren't going to give her the skinny on the layout either. I asked her if she'd kept the logs of reports she'd run to show the packet loss and latency she'd experienced because it could help pinpoint where and when the problem occurs. She said no, it wasn't her job and we should be doing it. No argument there, it's possible to remotely monitor an area and I'm sure it's done. However, perhaps I should have accused her of being a Democrat (to balance her Republican) because she wants a large organization that she doesn't like to be totally transparent in their workings and she wants to take no part in fixing her problem beyond the right to complain about it to anyone and everyone.
bah, I forgot to ask the name of her site.
bah, I forgot to ask the name of her site.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home